You can find our Privacy Notice which applies to all potential employees and workers here:
Here are just some of the benefits of working with us at our factory:
- 25 days annual leave
- Occupational sick pay scheme
- BUPA private healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Commitment to training and development
- PPE provided
- Pension Scheme
Location - Basildon, Essex
Swan have entered into a new and exciting venture setting up a modular construction Factory. The operation will trade under the NU living brand and will build homes for Swan Housing Association. The Factory uses Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) to construct volumetric modules which are then taken via road to site and landed to form homes.
NU living is currently looking to recruit a Production Planner to manage all aspects of the ‘planning’ process. This is a position for an experienced planner with a background in a manufacturing environment driven by calculated takt times, through balanced work zones, with new and existing product designs. A strong emphasis is placed upon the operations team delivering modules at an increasing Takt rate, to a firm, committed completion date.
Key Responsibilites will be:
- To have ownership of and manage the full Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (S.I.O.P's) cycle
- Supply Planning:Establishing the full input for the supply side liaising closely with Engineering, Production and Purchasing, ensuring they are certain on capacity and material requirements
- Demand Planning:Establishing the full input of the demand side, liaising closely with the NU Living construction planning team, ensuring any changes in forecast are within the agreed schedule time and flexibility limits
- Facilitate the monthly SIOP pre-meeting & sign-off meeting through engaging with key stakeholders. Generate an achievable Master Production plan each month and communicate to the wider business.
For more key resposibilties please view the job description.
By way of background Swan Housing operates in Essex and East London and manages over 10,000 homes with plans in place to deliver more new homes as part of an ambitious three year strategy. We create communities, we build and sell new homes and provide a range of services to our customers.
We do this by being innovative and enterprising. At the heart of what we do is our social purpose so any surplus we make gets reinvested into core services so that we continue to make a difference.
We are accredited as a Gold standard Investor in People and recently ranked as 22nd in the Times Top 100 Best not for profit companies to work for. In addition to having some great colleagues and a rewarding job we also offer a wide range of benefits including a Pension scheme, Private Healthcare and Life assurance. There is a generous holiday entitlement and we are committed to training and developing all of our employees.
Swan is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds. Swan is committed to and demonstrates safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Swan is a Disability Confident employer.
Please read the Job Description and to apply, please sent your CV to Darren Oldfield [email protected].Job Description - Production Planner
Closing Date: 23:59 on Wednesday 19 December 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed